Find Your Next Job Opportunity in the Chicagoland and Suburban Areas Today
Thank you for visiting our website. BIRK Staffing works with a large volume of clients, many of which are experiencing tremendous growth! We invite you to browse our current and recurring opportunities. All job requirements are outlined as dictated by our clients. Please feel free to upload your resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. These jobs are getting filled fast, send your resume as soon as possible.
Controller $90,000 Bensenville, IL
This is a growing organization with a great corporate culture. Everyone gets along and is team oriented, with an open minded culture. They have other locations in Canada, Israel, and France. Really great opportunity for the right person. They have hired several candidates that love working there, not one complaint! Contact us or submit your resume for more information.
- Prepare and report financial statements of both U.S. location and Canadian location for President based in US and for Corporate CFO located in Israel
- Prepare and process monthly journal entries
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; supervise the accounting staff.
- Oversee all financial transactions for the organization.
- Manage the HR function including the 401K plan, the Payroll Systems including commission reports for the salespeople and health insurance.
- Coordinate the Risk Management and Insurance programs.
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Monitor and update employee expense policies and adherence to those policies
- Work with outside tax accountants and auditors
- Manage filing of tax returns
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Computer skills with expert proficiency in Excel
- Experience with SAP software a plus
- 5+ years in accounting management roles
Product Engineer $61/K Wheeling, IL
Product Engineer is a part of new product launches, maintains item master, approved sources and Bill of Materials, entry and maintenance of ECO’s
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Leading new product launch activities
- Manages and schedules new product launches as well as coordinating tasks and resources for the launches
- Responsibilities range from SMT Panel layout, cellular manufacturing process definition, and final box build work instruction.
- Incorporate all customer received ECO changes as well as all changes required internally by creating a Creation ECO
- Act as a liaison between all internal and external parties on product and customer specific engineering issues
- Develop, establish and maintain internal customer focused team relationships
- Provide direction to Engineering Support functions within the Product Engineering group
- Responsible for sustaining engineering activities, including but not limited to engineering changes, product cost analysis/ reduction, product quality improvement, interface with Test Engineering for test process development, specification of component alternates for Purchasing and managing the applicable areas of the MRP/business system for customer BOM/AVL control
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred.
- Two to five years related electronics experience and/or training.
- New Product Introduction / Program Management experience, ability to lead a cross-functional problem solving team.
- DFM, PFMEA, Lean/ Six Sigma Fundamentals
- MRP i.e. Oracle or related experience a plus
Procurement Specialist $45 – $50/K Wheeling, IL
Primary scope of this position is to administer the purchasing functions within the Supply Chain team. Goal is to maximize availability of clear work in support of customer requirements while managing inventory productivity and material costs. The PS is primarily responsible for PFEP and other lean supply chain actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Generate and manage ERP (Oracle) purchase order releases for production and new product launch
- Manage purchase order actions (reschedules / cancels / expedites / confirmations / supplier exceptions)
- Establish and maintain Lean procurement programs
- Management and maintenance of Suppliers (selection, qualification, forecasting, monitor performance, supplier corrective actions)
- Maintenance and setup of parts in ERP Item Master (Oracle)
- Manage quarantine items and returns to suppliers, supplier quality, react to receiving issues & discrepancies, disposition of NCRs
- Quoting and sourcing of components including cost reduction activity
- Resolve Accounts Payable issues as it applies to supplier deliveries
- Create Material Purchase Authorizations for customers (Pricing, NCNR and pipeline liability maintenance)
- Collect and report on component level PPV performance
- Manage End of Life and difficult to source parts in the market
- Manage and review of Contract Adherence
- Observe all applicable ISO standards and their related procedures
- Support to the Customer Focus Team as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED with six months to one year related experience and/or training orEquivalent combination of education and experience
Material Handler $13 – $14/hr Buffalo Grove, IL
Immediate opportunity for a reliable material handler with experience. This large organization offers full benefits and need someone who is career minded. There is growth with this opportunity, and a need for someone detailed oriented. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be on y0ur feet most of the day. Qualified candidates must pass pre-employment drug testing and criminal background check. Please submit resume for immediate consideration.
Inventory/Cycle Counter- $14-$15/Hr Chicago, IL
Large growing company located on the Northside of Chicago. Must have purchasing/inventory control experience (cycle counts with the ability to replenish product for production). This positions requires someone to be able to run reports and have some office experience. Must also be comfortable going out in the warehouse and helping when needed. This position requires someone with RF scan gun experience and the ability to be organized with inventory levels. Viable candidates must have a resume that reflects experience. Must be able to pass a drug screening and criminal background. Looking to hire as soon as possible for the right person and offers growth!
Toolroom Machinist $56-$60/K (3pm to 11:30 pm) Des Plaines, IL
General Summary of Position: Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair extrusion tooling, metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools by performing the following duties.
*Principle Duties and Responsibilities % of Time Essential Function
Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, drill press, and grinders, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications. 70%
Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts. 5%
Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations. 5%
Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining. 5%
Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances. 2%
Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures. Recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part. 2%
Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of needed tools and products. 2%
Other duties as assigned. 9%
- Educational & Technical Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Years of Experience Required in Specific Functions/Positions:
- 2 to 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with building extrusion tooling is a plus.
- Additional Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Good trouble shooting skills.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Measure of Performance:
- This position will be required to operate all tool room equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Individual will be expected to work in an environment where multiple projects will be occurring at the same time.
- Accuracy and quality.
- Ability to perform duties from verbal instructions.
Assembler $40/k Elk Grove Village, IL Direct Hire
The focus of this position is the timely and accurate assembly and sub-assembly of mechanical and electrical industrial equipment. You will contribute to, and enjoy the success of, a globally successful and technology-driven leader. Successful candidate will be an energetic and positive self-starter who works well both independently and as part of a team. In addition to hands-on assembly, you will also assist with integration, quality assurance and final testing of product. The following skills are essential and required:
- Proficiency reading both mechanical and electrical prints
- Experience generating bills of materials and spare parts/service documentation
- Experience performing risk analysis and maintaining safety documents
- Proficiency with MS Office and SAP system
- Ability and experience working within a CRM and ERP environment
Qualified candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check. Employer offers comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), vacation/holiday pay. This is a great career opportunity with a stable and growing company! Please submit resume reflecting required experience.
Spot Welder $12 – $13/hr (1st & 2nd shift) Addison, IL
This large distributor is looking for someone who wants a career and growth. They do need some sort of welding experience, but are willing to train the right person. These positions are available on both shifts. Even if you only have schooling for welding, definitely apply, as they want someone who wants to learn and grow with a company.
Picker/Packer $13-$14/hr raise up to $15.75 after 90-days Buffalo Grove – Direct Hire
This is a growing corporation and needs staff to keep up with the demand.
Our client, a successful distributor for 70+ years, has an immediate career opportunity with phenomenal benefits! This is a fast-paced environment that offers same-day shipping. You must have prior warehouse experience and a demonstrated ability to work at a consistent pace. Accuracy is definitely required. If you take pride in your work and would like to join a dynamic team, please submit resume reflecting prior warehouse experience. Qualified candidates must pass a drug screening and criminal background check. We are seeking candidates who have experience in any of the following areas:
- material handling (forklift beneficial but not required)
- stocking/monitoring/replenishing inventory
1st shift hours Monday thru Friday 8:30 to 4:15 pm
Credit/Collection $17 – $18/hr Elburn, IL
Global corporation looking for someone who is firm but very friendly. This position handles 30-60 90-120 day collections, as well as monitoring accounts for short pay, but also keeping the accounts clean and up to date. Would prefer someone who has SAP and any reconciliation experience. Must have Excel, doing V-Look-ups and Pivot Tables. There will be some training, but must have some traditional credit and collection experience. Great opportunity for the right person. Training will be done in the South Elgin office, so must be able to travel there for a short time. Must pass pre employment screening including a drug test and criminal background check.
Manufacturing Clerk $12 – $14/hr Elk Grove Village, IL
The shift will be 5:45a-2:15pm or 9:45am to 6:15 pm
Well-established and growing international company, well-lit, well-organized and safety first…
We are excited to recruit for an international manufacturing company that has multiple opportunities for reliable warehouse associates with a solid work ethic to work in various departments throughout the warehouse/production area. They are well-established and the company offers the opportunity to learn new skills and cross-train. Work shifts are Monday through Friday and start times vary per department: 5:45am, 6:45am and 9:45am. Qualified candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
Traditional opportunities include the following:
- Shipping (UPS or FedEx online) and Receiving
- Lift Truck/Cherry Picker/Reach Truck Operator
- Machine Operators/Press Operators
- Material Handlers
All positions require the ability to work as part of a team and at a consistent pace. These opportunities are available immediately so please submit resume for immediate consideration. This is a great time to join a successful and growing team!