Find Your Next Job Opportunity in the Chicagoland and Suburban Areas TodayThank you for visiting our website. BIRK Staffing works with a large volume of clients, many of which are experiencing tremendous growth! We invite you to browse our current and recurring opportunities. All job requirements are outlined as dictated by our clients. Please feel free to upload your resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. These jobs are getting filled fast, send your resume as soon as possible.
Lead Supervisor Customer Service $48-$52/K Berkeley, ILThis position supports 5 other Customer Service reps. Responsible for assisting them with problems, issues and anything that comes up. Must have a great personality and have at least 3 years experience in Logistics/Distribution. This corporation has been in business over 50 years assisting companies with warehouse and distribution of products. Heavy phones, and 3rd party logistics experience. They have a low turn over rate and great corporate culture to work within. Nine hour days 7:30 am to 4:30 this includes paid lunch. Monday through Friday. This opportunity requires someone with inventory management, logistics, distribution, process orders from start to finish, problem solve with carriers.
Director of Operations $150/K plus $35/k in Bonus McHenry, ILTOP 3 MUST HAVES 10+ years in Operations Management (Mfg./Dist./Warehouse) 3rd Party Logistics Experience Must come from a regulated company (Aerospace/Automotive/Medical) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Overall Management of Production:
- Responsible for Production, Service Center and all associated support function activities
- Establish performance targets for each of the manufacturing areas and provide guidance and support for ensuring targets are met. Emphasis is to be placed on exceeding customer expectations, minimizing inventory and cost while maximizing throughput and quality.
- Approve policies, procedures, systems and controls for effective manufacturing and repairs in a manner that optimizes cost, quality, inventory levels, and in conformance to all requirements of ISO 13485, FDA and MDD. Ensure that all operational and working practices are compliant with industry standards (i.e. GMP’s, UL).
- Maintain neat, orderly and clean production and service areas which meet or exceed all FDA, OSHA and ISO standards.
- Identify process and product improvement opportunities using a data-based, metrics driven approach with a goal toward making sustainable, effective, and logical improvements on an ongoing basis that directly impacts balance sheet and income statement measures at the company level
- Ensure production capacity is in alignment with the agreed upon forecasting/order fulfillment strategy
- Responsible for Warehouse, Inventory Control, Logistics, Distribution and all associated support function activities
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and systems in a manner that optimize cost, quality, inventory levels and in conformance with FDA quality system compliance, and inventory accuracy requirements
- Experience and thorough understanding of all necessary documents needed for international freight. Knowledge of Incoterms and the respective documentation required to move shipments internationally. Compliance with all federal, state and local material handling and shipping requirements, communicate any needed actions to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for the processes supporting all Transportation contract & rate negotiations, Risk Management and Business continuity planning
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for logistics and transportation that support a global network view.
- Ensure that all operational and working practices are compliant with industry standards (i.e. GMP’s, UL).
- Maintain neat, orderly and clean warehouse which meets or exceeds all FDA, OSHA and ISO standards.
- Approve policies, procedures, systems and controls for proper maintenance of all facility equipment. Ensure compliance with the preventive maintenance program.
- Ensure effective maintenance of the building and grounds, including pest control.
- Ensure the building meets all OSHA and local building codes and is safe for all employees
- Establishes long and short-term goals and objectives for Operations personnel. Develop an annual budget and ensure that departmental expenses are within budget, including head count.
- Establishes strong partnering relationships with R&D, Marketing, S&OP and Quality Management to ensure alignment of company objectives and effective cross functional processes.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate performance metrics and utilize them for managing performance, quality and cost.
- Plans and oversees development of staff through appropriate training, education and coaching. Identifies plans based on individual and company needs – ranging from job specific skills to general management techniques.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Supervises employees by planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Follows all Company rules and regulations, including health and safety rules
- Successfully interacts with employees at all levels
- Regular, reliable performance of all job duties
- Travel as may be required to meet business and customer expectations
- Performs all other duties as assigned or as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor degree required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Operations Management
- Experience leading a team of 200+ employees
- Knowledge of ISO, QSR, FDA and GMP requirements
- Strong computer skills, especially with ERP systems and Excel
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong negotiations and problem solving abilities.
- Experience in a highly technical, regulated industry, preferably medical device manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Supervisory experience necessary to support Essential Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience working in an environment with global objectives
Human Resource Associate Trainee $15-$16/hr Itasca, IL
This is a great opportunity for someone with some experience, or none and you want to learn. This is an entry level HR generalist role which will be responsible for supporting HR department efforts in the areas of recruitment, HRIS, database administration, benefits program administration, regulatory compliance (AAP, EEO, DOL, etc.)
- Specific responsibilities will include coordinating and/or providing support for departmental efforts including:
- Supporting recruitment processes, including candidate scheduling, coordinating surveys, applications, interview planning, travel arrangements
- Coordinating Interview testing and interview packets
- Responsible for managing job boards and job postings
- Supporting the overall recruiting process and manage online recruiting tools
- Working on Employee Newsletter, collecting the appropriate information in a timely manner
- Monitor HR performance metrics and producing monthly HR reporting
- Providing functional support as needed for benefits administration and open enrollment, employee development, and organizational development activities
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Providing HR support for database administration (applicant, employee, etc.)
- Support other HR generalists on projects, as needed
Accounting Associate $15-$18/hr Rolling Meadows, IL
- Process Hardware Service Contract Renewals
- Track Hardware Contracts when received, update period on customer/vendor invoices
- Updating tickets in ConnectWise when approvals received
- Order ConnectShip License when requested
- Process License billing in SAAS software
- Service billing 2X a month
- Expense Report follow up 2X a month
- Customer Service for Salesman with various requests including RMA’s
- Assist with Lockbox deposits on paid invoices for commission
- Assist with hardware orders and hardware billing
- Assist with specific customers that require invoices to be uploaded
- Assist with Corporate requests with various reports
Senior Level Accountant $50-$55/K Buffalo Grove, ILTitle: Senior Level Accountant/Staff Accountant Direct hire! Description: Accounting Degree . A/R and A/P, requisitions, financials, 1099’s, invoicing, budgets, wire transfers, handle top portfolio client 25 properties, this position does not have any direct reports. Property management is a plus but not necessary. Soft skills: Personality is key. Friendly out going team oriented not your typical accounting person. Easy going thick skin. Computer skills: Ms Office Suites, Yardi , Excel Perks: full benefits, flex schedule, family friendly environment
Stone Fabricator $13-$15/hr Lakemoor, ILThis position requires someone who wants to learn and grow with a company. Must have some knowledge or background in stone fabrication.
- Knowledge of raw materials by name/color/thickness
- Recognize flaws or defects in the stone
- Judge levels of finish
- Able to follow directions and great attention detail
- Will certify on forklift
- Good physical dexterity due to handling large pieces of stone using machinery, very physical job
- Position stone slabs for measuring, fabrication, and finishes
Inventory/Warehouse $13-$15/hr Elk Grove Village, ILPURPOSE: Ensure all products are properly labeled and organized in designated locations in the warehouse. Backup on shipping/receiving duties and responsible for cycle counts. EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: High School Graduate Minimum 3 years experience Inventory or Warehouse SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to use hand held measuring equipment Forklift license required Data Entry experience RESPONSIBILITIES: Inventory
- Assist in warehouse organization and responsible for proper storage of products
- Responsible for weekly cycle counts
- Input cycle count adjustments in computer
- Review closed job operation status reports to verify raw materials and components used
- Backup on material handling duties
- Assess products that are slow moving/obsolete
- Operate forklift within safety guidelines and assist with unloading trucks
- Work with material handlers on special customer owned products that require physical inventories
Assistant to Senior Property Manager $30/K Buffalo Grove, ILSuccessful property management company needs an organized, detailed and reliable assistant for the Senior Property Manager. This is an entry-level opportunity that offers variety as well as an opportunity to grow your career. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Act as primary contact for all maintenance request phone calls (document requests, take appropriate course of action and confirm that repairs have been completed)
- Type letters/documents and organize/file/retrieve data
- Meet onsite for property, utility and vendor inspections.
- Visit commercial properties to collect rent checks (verify accuracy/code/sort for data entry)
- Gather bids/ assist in data collection for tenant renewals or new leases
- Complete additional tasks/projects as necessary
- Must be proficient with MS Word & Excel
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid decision-making skills and problem resolution with a focus on customer satisfaction
Production Team Member $16/hr-$18/hr Elk Grove Village, ILLarge established corporation that builds various commercial HVAC units. Great corporate culture, truly takes care of their employees. Very low turn over due to great environment. 1st shift 6:30am to 3:00 pm. Full benefits! This person is part of a team that must have mechanical aptitude, be able to assemble basic machinery, using hand tools. Brazing wire and copper. HVAC experience on any level is a plus!
Order Entry in Engineering Dept. $40/K-$45/K Elk Grove Village, IL Direct HireGreat career opportunity, comprehensive benefits, well-established and reputable company!!! This position will be responsible for handling functions between the parts division and the order fulfillment team.
- Management of all spare parts inquiries, quoting, ordering, pricing, processing etc.
- Catalog equipment quote turnaround within 24 hours
- Place parts order’s with our corporate office in Japan
- Track all parts orders so we can deliver on time every time
- Inventory level analysis for current and new products to assure proper customer support
- Inventory tracking
- Manage and support the contracts, purchase orders and inventory modules to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Support and maintain purchase order module to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Support, manage and implement the process that controls changes to customer requirements on material requests, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, vendor exceptions, receiving reconciliation, engineering specifications, category IDs, business unit disputes with the suppliers, deviations from normal supply processes, and emergent requests.
- Investigate and correct issues associated with mismatch invoices; contracts, purchase orders, deliveries, shipping, expediting orders, quality, and receiving.
- Support and implement the process that monitors and reports out on supplier performance trends, savings opportunities and achieved, discounts, and settlement agreements.
- Support the work plan and outage schedule requirements for material and services requirements.
- Sourcing activities related to the purchase of materials or services.
- Process returns to stock
- RMA (return merchandise authorization) shipping/process control
- Assist Engineering Group with BOM entry and part quotes
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making abilities
Packaging $12 – $14/hr Elk Grove Village, ILWe are excited to recruit for an international manufacturing company that has multiple opportunities for reliable warehouse associates with a solid work ethic to work in various departments throughout the warehouse/production area. They are well-established and the company offers the opportunity to learn new skills and cross-train. Work shifts are Monday through Friday and start times vary per department: 5:45am, 6:45am and 9:45am. Qualified candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check. Traditional opportunities include the following:
- Shipping (UPS or FedEx online) and Receiving
- Lift Truck/Cherry Picker/Reach Truck Operator
- Machine Operators/Press Operators
- Material Handlers