Find Your Next Job Opportunity in the Chicagoland and Suburban Areas TodayThank you for visiting our website. BIRK Staffing works with a large volume of clients, many of which are experiencing tremendous growth! We invite you to browse our current and recurring opportunities. All job requirements are outlined as dictated by our clients. Please feel free to upload your resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. These jobs are getting filled fast, send your resume as soon as possible.
Office Assistant $13-$15/hr Bensenville, ILOur client, an established distributor, has been successful for 55+ years and has an immediate opportunity to become part of a great team! If you enjoy a casual environment, a family feel and a day filled with variety, look no further. You will be responsible for traditional office duties including:
- Answering incoming calls and greeting visitors
- Maintaining the filing system, preparing/stamping/distributing mail
- Performing accurate data entry of orders and invoice information
- Typing general office documents
- MS Word – Data entry, and invoicing
Inventory/Warehouse $13-$15/hr Elk Grove Village, ILPURPOSE: Ensure all products are properly labeled and organized in designated locations in the warehouse. Backup on shipping/receiving duties and responsible for cycle counts. EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: High School Graduate Minimum 3 years experience Inventory or Warehouse SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to use hand held measuring equipment Forklift license required Data Entry experience RESPONSIBILITIES: Inventory
- Assist in warehouse organization and responsible for proper storage of products
- Responsible for weekly cycle counts
- Input cycle count adjustments in computer
- Review closed job operation status reports to verify raw materials and components used
- Backup on material handling duties
- Assess products that are slow moving/obsolete
- Operate forklift within safety guidelines and assist with unloading trucks
- Work with material handlers on special customer owned products that require physical inventories
Accounts Payable $40-$42/K Bensenville, ILImmediate opportunity for an experienced A/P clerk Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Responsible for filing of sales invoices and accounts payable
- Switchboard responsibilities
- Accurate, detail-oriented, deadline-driven personality
- Strong figure aptitude with 2-3 years A/P experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- SAP experience helpful but not required
Assistant to Senior Property Manager $30/K Buffalo Grove, ILSuccessful property management company needs an organized, detailed and reliable assistant for the Senior Property Manager. This is an entry-level opportunity that offers variety as well as an opportunity to grow your career. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Act as primary contact for all maintenance request phone calls (document requests, take appropriate course of action and confirm that repairs have been completed)
- Type letters/documents and organize/file/retrieve data
- Meet onsite for property, utility and vendor inspections.
- Visit commercial properties to collect rent checks (verify accuracy/code/sort for data entry)
- Gather bids/ assist in data collection for tenant renewals or new leases
- Complete additional tasks/projects as necessary
- Must be proficient with MS Word & Excel
- Must have professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid decision-making skills and problem resolution with a focus on customer satisfaction
Purchasing/Logistics (SAP a must) $20/hr-$23/hr Bensenville, ILWorking for a stable corporation in business over 50 years! Friendly, mentoring, great boss to work for! Headquarters is located in Europe, and they are international and national shipper. Must have SAP experience and be proficient. First priority of duties will be to arrange all LTL shipments, issue PO’s and be a good communicator. Looking to hire asap, hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Production Team Member $16/hr-$18/hr Elk Grove Village, ILLarge established corporation that builds various commercial HVAC units. Great corporate culture, truly takes care of their employees. Very low turn over due to great environment. 1st shift 6:30am to 3:00 pm. Full benefits! This person is part of a team that must have mechanical aptitude, be able to assemble basic machinery, using hand tools. Brazing wire and copper. HVAC experience on any level is a plus!
3rd shift! Material Handler $14/hr-$15/hr Wheeling, ILGreat opportunity with large paper corporation. Full benefits, and great raises. Must have Material Handler experience, assisting operators, keep inventory filled. This is a 3rd shift position!
Director of Marketing $150/k-$160/k plus bonus Crystal Lake, ILWorld renowned healthcare leader is seeking your talents due to internal promotion. Phenomenal career opportunity…make this your final employer! FOCUS: Develop and execute strategic long-term marketing plans to achieve annual global revenue and profit objectives. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with sales team and international colleagues to build brand awareness and equity, as well as identify and target appropriate customers
- Guide downstream marketing including advertising, promotion, brand-building, customer interaction via public relations, trade shows, etc.
- Develops and delivers presentations, educational programs and training
- Travel is required – 40% domestic and 10% international : You will participate in national, regional and local sales training meetings, customer visits/presentations and promotional events as required
- Provide accurate product forecasts, pricing guidelines and training events
- Supervises employees, conducting appraisals, rewarding/disciplining, and solving problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- 5 years marketing management experience
- Medical device experience
- Experience with digital and traditional marketing mediums
- Strong analytical skills applied toward business finance, pricing and forecasting
- Travel 50% of time (40% domestic, 10% international), current passport required
- Master of Business Administration Degree
- Capital Equipment
Full Charge Bookkeeper $42/k-$48/k Northbrook, IL Direct HireSmall, comfortable, quiet office…no micromanaging. Comprehensive benefits package and great team! Successful wholesale distributor established in 1986 has an immediate opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper. ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- QuickBooks Pro 2013
- MS Office especially Excel
- A/P, A/R and Payroll experience
- Accuracy, self-motivation and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Team mentality
- Processing payroll twice monthly using Paychex Software
- Calculating and entering quarterly commissions
- Daily deposits
- Cash basis accounting in QuickBooks (A/P, payroll and deposits, monthly journal entries, and monthly financial reports)
- Utilizing in-house sales program (run reports and reconcile commission statements as well as maintain and troubleshoot program)
- General office assistance including answering phones, supporting sales reps and customers, performing accurate data entry and running various reports
Inside Sales $40/K-$47/K Gurnee, IL Direct HireJoin a company that has made a significant impact in its industry… Global manufacturer has delivered a vast, impressive and high-quality product line for over 100 years! As part of a successful sales team, your focus will be to increase sales and profitability by maintaining and establishing rapport, building long-term relationships and fostering customer satisfaction. You will learn the product line and distribution process which will allow you to go “above and beyond” for customers! KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact existing and potential customers to inform about products/services using a script
- Determine customer requirements and close the sale
- Enter orders, update customer database, answer questions, resolve grievances
- Maintain accurate documentation of communication with customer
- Meet daily, monthly and quarterly sales goals as outlined
- You will be the “voice of the customer” and a “solution provider.”
- Minimum 1-year successful inside sales experience with proven track record for meeting sales quotas
- Solid foundation in traditional computer programs and CRM software
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, practice empathy, negotiate and handle rejection
Order Entry in Engineering Dept. $40/K-$45/K Elk Grove Village, IL Direct HireGreat career opportunity, comprehensive benefits, well-established and reputable company!!! This position will be responsible for handling functions between the parts division and the order fulfillment team.
- Management of all spare parts inquiries, quoting, ordering, pricing, processing etc.
- Catalog equipment quote turnaround within 24 hours
- Place parts order’s with our corporate office in Japan
- Track all parts orders so we can deliver on time every time
- Inventory level analysis for current and new products to assure proper customer support
- Inventory tracking
- Manage and support the contracts, purchase orders and inventory modules to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Support and maintain purchase order module to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Support, manage and implement the process that controls changes to customer requirements on material requests, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, vendor exceptions, receiving reconciliation, engineering specifications, category IDs, business unit disputes with the suppliers, deviations from normal supply processes, and emergent requests.
- Investigate and correct issues associated with mismatch invoices; contracts, purchase orders, deliveries, shipping, expediting orders, quality, and receiving.
- Support and implement the process that monitors and reports out on supplier performance trends, savings opportunities and achieved, discounts, and settlement agreements.
- Support the work plan and outage schedule requirements for material and services requirements.
- Sourcing activities related to the purchase of materials or services.
- Process returns to stock
- RMA (return merchandise authorization) shipping/process control
- Assist Engineering Group with BOM entry and part quotes
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making abilities
Packaging $12 – $14/hr Elk Grove Village, ILWe are excited to recruit for an international manufacturing company that has multiple opportunities for reliable warehouse associates with a solid work ethic to work in various departments throughout the warehouse/production area. They are well-established and the company offers the opportunity to learn new skills and cross-train. Work shifts are Monday through Friday and start times vary per department: 5:45am, 6:45am and 9:45am. Qualified candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check. Traditional opportunities include the following:
- Shipping (UPS or FedEx online) and Receiving
- Lift Truck/Cherry Picker/Reach Truck Operator
- Machine Operators/Press Operators
- Material Handlers